1. The detective listened to her tales with a wooden face.
2. She was fairly certain that life was a fashion show.
3. The typical teenage boy’s room is a disaster area.
4. The children were roses grown in concrete gardens, beautiful and forlorn.
5. That woman is the cancer of my dreams and aspirations.
6. Kisses are the flowers of love in bloom.
7. His cotton candy words did not appeal to her taste.
8. Kathy arrived at the grocery store with an army of children.
9. Waves of spam emails inundated his inbox.
10. Her eyes were fireflies.
11. He wanted to set sail on the ocean of love but he just wasted away in the desert.
12. I was lost in a sea of nameless faces.
13. John’s answer to the problem was just a Band-Aid, not a solution.
14. The cast on Michael’s broken leg was a plaster shackle.
15. In capitalism, money is the life blood of society and charity is the soul.
16. Cameron always had a taste for the fruit of knowledge.
17. The promise between us was a delicate flower.
18. He pleaded for her forgiveness but Janet’s heart was cold iron.
19. The job fair was a circus and John was a dancing bear.
20. She was just a trophy to Ricardo, another object to possess.
21. The path of resentment is easier to travel than the road to forgiveness.
22. When H-Money got on to stage, the girls went into a feeding frenzy.
23. The child was our lone prayer to an empty sky.
24. Katie’s plan to get into college was a house of cards on a crooked table.
25. The wheels of justice turn slowly.
26. Laugh a drink from the deep blue cup of sky.
27. The job interview was a rope ladder dropped from heaven.
28. Her hair was a flowing golden river streaming down her shoulders.
29. The computer in the classroom was an old dinosaur.
30. Laughter is the music of the soul.
31. David is a worm for what he did to Shelia.
32. The teacher planted the seeds of wisdom.
33. That burden is my cross to bear.
34. Each blade of grass was a tiny bayonet pointed firmly at our bare feet.
35. The daggers of heat pierced through his black t-shirt.
36. In the ring Emilio was berserk pit bull hungry for blood.
37. The world is bowl a Jell-O.
38. And he was the word of God if God ever spoke.
39. Let your eyes drink up that milkshake sky.
40. Her hope was a fragile seed.
41. When Ninja Robots came on TV, the boys were glued in their seats.
42. Words are the weapons with which we wound.
43. The test was a walk in the park.
44. She let such beautiful pearls of wisdom slip from her mouth without even knowing.
45. The executives had golden parachutes to land safely after the company crashed.
46. Don’t trouble your little peanut head over the problem.
47. She cut him down with her words.
48. They say that scars are the roadmap to the soul.
49. The quarterback was throwing nothing but rockets and bombs in the field.
50. We are all shadows on the wall of time.
learningenglish.uk.com - Learn English Faster © 2010-2016